Thursday, March 17, 2011

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made


Looking at what happened to our children over the weekend in a different light, I realized how wonderfully God formed the human body.  Every internal and external organ and every body part, to the tiniest details, have all been carefully planned and thought of to function uniquely, cohesively and purposefully.  It is said that the human body is the greatest machine on earth.  Isn't that amazing? Nerve signals travel through muscles at speeds as fast as 200 miles per hour.  The brain puts out enough electric power to light a 20-watt light bulb.  If our leg muscles moved as fast as our eye muscles, we could walk over fifty miles in one day!  And according to scientists, bone is among the strongest building materials known to humankind.  In addition, God has given our body the ability to heal itself and defend itself from unwanted microorganisms, if only we respond with proper care and not abuse it.  He has also given us a wide variety of natural resources that our bodies can take, if only we utilize them wisely.

In Psalm 139:14 it says, “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”  When God created us, He made us exactly the way He planned.  He planned who our parents will be.  He planned our size, the color of our eyes and skin, even how many hair strands we have on our head, everything about us!  Even before we were in our mother’s womb, His plans were all carefully laid out for us.

With these simple blessings, I am simply in awe of my Maker, and I am thankful that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  And I praise Him for I am made in His own image and likeness.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment in my blog. Your opinion is greatly appreciated. God bless you!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...