Monday, March 21, 2011

My Heart Goes Out to Japan

My heart goes out to all the people living in Japan (and to those who have relatives there) in this time of devastating calamity in their country.  As I watch the news on t.v. and see the photos in the internet, I couldn’t help but imagine how difficult it must be for people loosing their properties and personal possessions, and how painful it must be for people loosing their loved ones and people finding loved ones who are still lost.

I personally admire how the Japanese people have shown incredible strength and solidarity through this very difficult time.  Despite of the tragedy that happened, their love and loyalty to their country remain.  Some nationals could have opted to leave their country and find a safer refuge with their families abroad, but they have made a great sacrifice to remain and help their country get up from this unexpected fall.  And they are optimistic that, as a nation with great confidence in their government, they will be able to surpass this great trial.  What a great time to teach our children about real heroes.
I once had an opportunity to visit “The Land of the Rising Sun,” and my memories of the place and people are all but pleasant so I am not surprised why the country remained to be an economic power and a first-class nation.  My prayer goes out to those who have lost their loved ones in the tragedy, to those who do not know the fate of theirs, and to the country as a whole.  Here's a short prayer I received from a parent through our homeschool support e-group that I'd like to share:




Lord, I just want to say THANK YOU
Because this morning I woke up and knew where my children were, 
Because this morning my home was still standing,

Because this morning I am not crying,
Because my spouse, my child, my brother or sister, my parent do not need to be buried or to be pulled out from underneath a pile of concrete, 
Because this morning I was able to drink a glass of water, 

Because this morning I was able to turn on the light, 

Because this morning I was able to take a shower, 

Because this morning I was not planning a funeral, 
But most of all I thank you this morning because I still have life and a voice to cry out for the people of Japan and other countries affected by earthquakes.
 

Lord I cry out to you, the One that makes the impossible, possible, 
The One that turns darkness in to light, 

I cry out that You give those mothers strength,
That You give them peace that surpasses all understanding
That You may open the streets so that help can come, 

That You may provide doctors, nurses, food, water, and all that they need in a blink of an eye.
For all those that have lost family members, give them peace, give them hope, give them courage to continue to go on! 
Protect the children and shield them with your power. 
I pray all these in the name of JESUS
!

There are many lessons to be learned here.  Much has to do with compassion and caring for our fellow men, love for one’s country, unity as a nation, and of course, hope in our Almighty.  Indeed, nothing is certain in this world.  Anything and anyone can be gone in an instant.  We can only put our faith and hope in God until Jesus comes again.


"But he who stands firm to the end will be saved...Therefore, keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come." (Matthew 24:13,42)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment in my blog. Your opinion is greatly appreciated. God bless you!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...