Sunday, May 8, 2011

Remembering Mothers

Oh, I hope this is not yet late…A few minutes from now and it’s going to be another special day to celebrate in our family.  Even though there are many material gifts that we can think of giving on Mother’s Day, I think the simplest and most inexpensive yet profound and eternally-meaningful gift that we can offer our Mothers is a special prayer.  So this is my prayer to all the women who have been blessed to raise God’s children and heed the high and noble call of motherhood.  Happy Mother's Day!

Lord, you brought someone special to this world for a purpose –
Not just to birth and to raise your children, but to nurture and train them in godliness and righteousness.

I pray that you will bless her with the many ways she’s been a blessing to others.
Surround her with your love and with the love of those who care so much for her.
Grant her strength daily to fulfill the high and noble call of motherhood.
Grant her courage to face all trials and tribulations; hope and encouragement to not grow weary because laboring in the Lord will not be in vain.
Grant her peace that surpasses all understanding.
Help her to see the many ways she’s touched her family and the many hearts that are blessed by her life.
And anoint her with Your wisdom that she may govern her home with godly discipline and train her children to become Your warriors and champions for Christ.

All these I pray in the most precious name of Your Son, Jesus Christ.  Amen.


And to the most important woman in my life, my role model, my inspiration, and best supporter, and above all, my mother and best friend, Happy Mother's Day!  Thank you for everything.  You always give me a reason to praise and thank God everyday.  I love you very much!


This is my Noble Motherhood link-up entry in:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment in my blog. Your opinion is greatly appreciated. God bless you!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...