Monday, June 27, 2011

Pigeon Feeding at The Venice Piazza


I just usually see in the movies those flocks of pigeons roaming and flying around Piazza San Marco (or St. Mark’s Square), amidst the baroque and age-old structures and buildings in Venice, Italy.  I didn’t know that there is already a place in Taguig City, Manila that imitates such a Venetian ambiance and experience, not until my children and I fetched hubby from work weeks ago and got the chance to go to The Venice Piazza (that’s the name of the place!)…Hubby’s office happens to be located across The Venice Piazza at McKinley Hill in the heart of the new cosmopolitan business hub, Bonifacio Global City.  I thought it was a cozy place with lots of posh restaurants surrounding the open piazza.  A nice covered play area is likewise accessible to children, and my children enjoy playing there every time they get to fetch their Papa after work.

At the Children's Play Area
Playing "House"
And the most exciting of our experiences there at The Venice Piazza is the pigeon feeding.  Although I think the pigeons are just resting (and maybe waiting for feeding time) on the roofs of the piazza, pigeon feeding happens only around 4:00PM-5:00PM everyday in the open piazza.  Bird feeds can be bought for P20.00/pack.  Although I thought the pigeons were not as many as in Piazza San Marco, my little daughter and I had a blast feeding the pigeons for the first time because they all flock around us when we throw feeds all over the place and even when we just offer the feeds on our palms.  My little boy, on the other hand, was too scared of being flocked by the pigeons so he just sat on the bench contently watching his big sister and I happily feed the pigeons.

Feeding the pigeons
If you happen to go to Bonifacio Global City, the Venice Piazza is one place you may want to stop by for some nice Italian ambiance and fine dining, and be sure to schedule it in the afternoon so you get to experience pigeon feeding as well, especially when you have kids with you.

Another fun family (and mommy & me) time shared with:

9 comments:

  1. It is always pleasant to admire people enjoying their time in Venice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely place no? Concerts are also being held there as far as I know. Late visit from Family Time. HERE is my entry. My blog is still lonely, hope you can follow back. Thanks and hope to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pictures! Looks like you all had lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.ang ganda nman jan..parang relaxing ang place..visiting for FT..http://lesleyanneyp.com/2011/06/family-time-water-world/

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i love this scene sis....i am dreaming of this place :) love it! and nice shot! Thanks fos sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this sis! :) I haven't been to the Venice Piazza and this is absolutely a great place to go with my lil one! (Ang layo nga lang! LOL)

    Doing my rounds on TBE! Hope you could visit my blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty place.

    Funny, there is organized pigeon feeding, so many places try to get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first picture was wonderfully shot! Ang galing ng timing!

    Visiting here from The Bloggers Exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my daughter and I enjoys feeding pigeons too. Visiting here from TBE.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment in my blog. Your opinion is greatly appreciated. God bless you!

You might also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...